View Single Post
Old Apr 25th, 2020, 19:58   #25
Uncle Benz

I’m unsure whether I have the keeper plate that holds the lower end of the axle check strap the right way round. It seems logical to me the way I have it, but if anyone knows I’d appreciate the input. It’s a 5 min job to swap if needed.

Another question, the handbrake cable routes between the upper and lower arms, but it appears quite “loose” in there. Is there any other clamp that holds it, to the lower arm perhaps?

Brake lines are all plumbed. Servo, master cylinder and front calipers coming from Brookhouse next week. I’ve decided to stick with the original single circuit system for, well, originality I guess. I had some old parts and seal kits, but with a single circuit system you don’t really get a second chance, so I’ve gone for brand new parts throughout for the brakes. I’m making the lines myself in cupro-nickel. Copper would probably have been the original, but I use cupro lines on everything these days - modern cars with esp can have very high line pressures - so plenty of raw material in stock.
Uncle Benz is offline   Reply With Quote