View Single Post
Old Mar 19th, 2015, 08:27   #32
V40DSchariot
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villar4sotrondio View Post
By skyship:
(Every sensible Volvo owner keeps his headlights or DRL's on when driving during the daytime).

Nonsense. What every sensible Volvo owner should keep on at all times is his/her brain and their common sense so they switch on their lights at the slightest hint of poor visibility rather that wasting fuel and bulbs needlessly and dazzling other drivers. It's pathetic to see cars with lights on in a perfectly clear day and another example of nanny state treating us like brainless monkeys. One size does not fit all.
As the saying goes, 'There's nothing common about sense' and from the state of some of the driving I've noticed, that someone that shouldn't have the responsibility of being in control of a shopping trolley, can legally get behind a steering wheel and drive because it allows them 'independance' and they don't necessarily need to have passed a test in this country!
The kind of muppets that don't seem to realize that by indicating, it is an act to let other road users aware of what they're doing, people that are'nt able to judge the speed of traffic, etc, etc.
Further more, when i'm out on my motorcycle, I always ride with the lights on, and strangely enough I still become a magician because I can apparently come out of f*$king nowhere!!!

So safe to say i'm with skyship, having lights on is a another way of letting all the dimwitted roadusers out there, know, that your there.
V40DSchariot is offline   Reply With Quote