View Single Post
Old Oct 21st, 2008, 10:57   #3
Bernard333
Premier Member

Default lpg

I am in Ireland too and buy diesel at a rate of £0.90 at todays exchange rate or is it ? I dont believe I am getting what I am being charged for either here or in England or anywhere else I drive such as France and in Italy have been ripped off so many times they virtually try to mug you at the filling station when they see foreign plates . I buy Calor gas in bottles from a filling station and carefully weighed the last two bottles which stated a net weight of 34kG of gas . I have so far weighed two full cylinders and taken off the 33.4 kg for an empty tank which I averaged over four empty tanks and the result is 31.4kG which is 7.6% less than I am being charged for . I purchased this gas from filling stations so I have the same concerns that maybe I get the same deal on diesel and checking you are getting the right amount of lpg for a car would be the hardest thing to do and therefore more easily fiddled with . This would be serious allegation to make against filling stations and I want to make sure my figures are right by at least checking another cylinder before I take it further . Is there a body similar to customs and excise or trading standards in Ireland that go and do spot checks on garages ?
Bernard333 is offline   Reply With Quote