View Single Post
Old Dec 21st, 2017, 17:24   #24
jpliddy
VOC Member

Default 940 tdi auto 1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Don't flush it! Not with nearly 300k miles on it!

Do a "part-change" instead, drain the sump, either by removing the drain plug or using an oil extraction pump (about £15 on ebay and no crawling underneath!) and refill to the correct level using new fluid. I use Carlube ATF-U and have found it's an excellent fluid and suited to the Aisin-Warner box very well.

The first part-change will probably give you an instant improvement, do another in about a months time then another about a month later. This will in effect change all the fluid very gently and get a lot of dirt/contamination out of the box while reducing the risk of blowing seals with new, much thicker, fluid.
It also gives the seal conditioner present in the new fluid time to work which will help the seals much more than flushing it through with umpteen litres of new, thick fluid that could easily blow a weak seal to oblivion.

After the 3 part-changes, do one part-change a year to maintain the service changes at the right interval.
hi dave how does the car lube ATF compare to euro car parts ATF i used theres last time which has the best spec for my ZF auto box as it will be changed in the good weather .i will get 2x 5litres . millers oils do a millermatic oil never used it but only ever put there xfe semi synthetic in my diesel
regards jim
jpliddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jpliddy For This Useful Post: