View Single Post
Old Feb 24th, 2018, 19:01   #3
Floodys

Many thanks for a start to take the time to type that all out! My XC is a 53 plate so late 03 early 04 and I can confirm the aerial is in the roof, re the amp (thinking old school amps) the amp is only "amplifying" what is sent to it so if cd worked fine but radio is faulty at times from a old school way of looking at it one would think its the source! But you mention it's different on a XC?! Re the sockets in back for rear passengers I can also confirm that in all 4 headphone sockets when headphones are plugged in you can hear the click!
Re the security system, can VIDA turn that off? If so once off can one change any audio component and it'll work? My thinking is that if I or someone with VIDA can turn it off I can then start with a amp then possibly a radio/tuner?
What do you think re the "chopping" up of the mini disc player and turning it into a iPhone feed/aux? My XC has only the option of FM,AM, CD, MD on the source selector and seeing as I won't really use the MD I could in theory select MD but the output would be the iPhone/iPod instead of MD?
Floodys is offline   Reply With Quote