Thread: General: 70: - after market headlights
View Single Post
Old Oct 22nd, 2018, 16:15   #23
jack taylor
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffler View Post
Hi, Jack, I recently got my hands on a pair of RHD crystal/jewel headlamps and, in comparison to the originals, they're nothing short of brilliant, although, I was hunting for approximately 12 months or so but it was worth the wait. I can only imagine what a new pair must be like. If you're lucky enough to find a '03 to '05 C70 being broken in Spain then go for those headlamps!

I'm looking at LEDs/HIDs bulbs now to try and preserve the reflectors from further "heat" deterioration and increase light output but, unless you have a functioning headlamp cleaning and leveling system, you can run into problems at NCT/MOT/ITV inspections.

If you're after a quick fix I'd say just go with the ones off eBay.de (just use your eBay.co.uk username & password). I believe I spotted a pair of headlamps and 4 x H7 bulbs for under a hundred quid + postage. Fitting is around 30 mins total and you just need to swap out your height level motors from your existing lamps onto the new units.

Hi Baffler, Many thanks for that. I have found a pair of LHD headlights from Germany which work out to about £90.00 plus £5.00 for postage. I shall look to getting HID`s. thanks jack
jack taylor is offline   Reply With Quote