View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2018, 17:34   #9
lalith16

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Newbee View Post
Thanks. I can see you have Harmon & Kardon sound system, what's your opinion on the sound? Sorry I am digressing from the original topic but being a new member I am not allowed to private message.

Thanks again.
Until recently I wouldn’t have called myself an audiophile. However, it looks like I am becoming one!! During my test drives I listened to the sound quality of the standard system and for me the quality was very good and if it was just for me I would have stuck yo the standard system. However, the only reason I went for an upgrade to HK sound system is my wife as she absolutely loves her music and not to mention my elder daughter who has started walking in her mother’s footsteps. However, Volvo introduced HK system in an XC60 starting with MY19 models and hence there wasn’t a car around with HK system for me to check the sound quality. I felt the BW system is over priced; it’s £/watt is too high compared to £/watt delivered by HK system and yet HK system is also a premium sound system. I am glad I took the risk and went for an HK upgrade; my wife loves it and I too love it’s crispier, more detailed, immersive, smooth surround sound quality and at the same time not costing an arm or a leg.