Thread: D5 (D5244T to 2005) - Turbo governor - possible cheaper replacement
View Single Post
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 00:33   #25
Jardon

Valve fitted. Filter was gungy so cleaned it up - not easy to remove from the old valve though. I gave the pipe to the actuator a good sucking and could hear it doing something. While I was down there I blanked the EGR mixer with some drinks can. The emissions light came on immediately but goes off with a click of the READ button. First few hard dabs of throttle were smokey but fine after that. Performance is significantly more spritely and it actually felt like it had some go! I've not had the traction control light on before tonight no matter how hard I've driven. My motivation for blanking is the gungy intake - it was spotless 2000 miles ago but now has a thin coating of greasy soot again - though to be fair my oil stays much cleaner than our Galaxy which has less than half the miles on it. FRF are doing D5 clutches for £147 so might get a Shark map with EGR delete. Not sure yet though as really impressed with the improvement made tonight. Thanks again Yosser.