View Single Post
Old Dec 20th, 2018, 13:34   #9
phutyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by benk103 View Post
This could be EXACTLY what I'm looking for for when I get round to fitting my Pure Highway 400. Do you have any kind of instructions or tips as to how to go about fitting it? I've got a 2011 C30 with no aux or bluetooth currently. I've seen it for sale on a different website and it says "This Volvo AUX via Wired FM modulator is supplied with Volvo aerial adapters. Please ensure your Volvo model has the aerial input as pictured as there is more than one type of Volvo aerial input" - is there a way of knowing what type of input I have without removing the whole unit first?
For fitting, you're going to have to go through the rigmarole of removing the whole waterfall section, starting with the screws back in the armrest storage, and eventually ending up with you being able to remove the head unit. Here's a copy of the official instructions (http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/In...er_console.pdf), but there's also plenty of guides online and some videos on YouTube. I would advise the use of a long shaft torx screwdriver to take out the 2 screws by the handbrake. I can't remember if they're T20 or T25, but you are unlikely to be able to reach them with a multi-head swappable set. Also a set of nylon trim removal tools will make life easier.

I bought my FM Modulator from Amazon (link in my original post). I didn't need any adapters to connect it to the aerial port (2010 V50 with Performance audio system). I don't know if different years or different systems used different ariel ports.
phutyle is offline   Reply With Quote