View Single Post
Old Dec 20th, 2018, 18:35   #10
TheFiend
C30 R-Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by phutyle View Post
For fitting, you're going to have to go through the rigmarole of removing the whole waterfall section, starting with the screws back in the armrest storage, and eventually ending up with you being able to remove the head unit. Here's a copy of the official instructions (http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/In...er_console.pdf), but there's also plenty of guides online and some videos on YouTube. I would advise the use of a long shaft torx screwdriver to take out the 2 screws by the handbrake. I can't remember if they're T20 or T25, but you are unlikely to be able to reach them with a multi-head swappable set. Also a set of nylon trim removal tools will make life easier.

I bought my FM Modulator from Amazon (link in my original post). I didn't need any adapters to connect it to the aerial port (2010 V50 with Performance audio system). I don't know if different years or different systems used different ariel ports.
I've just fitted an Alpine EZI-DAB to my C30 in order to add USB memory stick playback to the basic "Performance" audio system.... I've mounted the USB socket in the factory location beside the AUX socket and managed to run the cables through the centre console without going through the rigmarole of removing the centre console.... managed to get away with just removing the gear-stick gaiter.
TheFiend is offline   Reply With Quote