Thread: 2012 1.6 d2
View Single Post
Old Sep 11th, 2019, 22:29   #8
ROB HOUSTON

Default DPF Break Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey80 View Post
I have the D2 in my V50.

Decent little engine to be honest. Moves the car well enough for me.

Depending on driving style/roads etc. you can get from late 40's and above mpg wise.

As long as it's well serviced you shouldn't have many issues.

The DPF system is none serviceable, unlike the older/previous 1.6 diesel - 16v with 5 gears - which is serviceable along with Eoyls/DPF fluid top-ups.

The only DPF related issue I've had with the D2 is corroded pressure pipes that come from the DPF and up to the sensor on the side of the battery.
Also had sensor wiring issues, which have been fixed and I've had no further occurrences of limp mode."

I had an injector replaced the other month and everything else has been mechanical stuff really.

As previously mentioned, engine is pretty decent if taken care off and has been used in 1000's of different cars.

The only way to "disable" the DPF is to have it's innards removed and all the software relating to it erased from the ECU. But, if you use the car appropriately, you shouldn't have any DPF issues really.
Just read the above post. Slight caveat, if the DPF is removed, look forward to an MoT failure!

I Have a 2007 C30 D4164T. Glow plugs and DPF just replaced (2nd mortgage). Talking to the mechs, they suggested that you shouldn't do short refills, ie: go for a full or half tank of diesel instead. Reasoning was that each time you put fuel in, the Canbus sends a pulse to the additive tank (if you have one). Too much additive over a short period can cause the DPF internals to break down.

The circuit diagrams obviously show Canbus links. However, without info on how the program/s work, it's just conjecture.

Anyone got any firm data on this, please?

Rob H.
ROB HOUSTON is offline   Reply With Quote