View Single Post
Old Jan 2nd, 2017, 17:56   #7
Ambz642

Default Replys

Thanks for the messages!

Was minding my own business, checked my mobile and I had had a call from the owner, couldn't believe me luck!
The now soggy note I had left was still readable a week or so later!

We popped over this afternoon.
Use to be his wife's car, she died 2 years ago but has been sitting since 2011.
They have owned the car since it was around 18 months old, they were the second owner.
When they parked it up for the last time, everything was working perfectly, including electrics so I was told as I did ask!
He seems like a nice guy, and sold the car to me for £100!
He did charge battery but engine didn't fire up so he reckons may be the starter motor? We shall see.

Rear arches look solid, that shaped bit you said is on each side.
Boot floor is solid however there was some water underneath the carpets, maybe condensation as the rest of the car isn't wet? Will have to investigate.
There is a hole in the top of the rear bumper when you lift the boot up, so that will need patching up, and I think water has been going through that hole and down underneath the rear bumper as the chassis bit there is pretty rusty, so will probably have to make a replacement bit for it.

Also drivers side mat is a little wet I think, not much mould in the car so that's good!
We were wandering about the water pump, might replace that if needs be and give it a good service, oil looked clean though, another plus!

If any of you guys have Instagram, give me a follow for regular updates and I will also be doing some videos of the Volvo once I get it home, my Instagram: @ambz642

Were taking a recovery truck over there tomorrow night to pick it up, will upload some photos onto here soon!

Thanks everyone!
Ambz642 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ambz642 For This Useful Post: