View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 12:52   #1
Rrelite

Default C30 power and starting issues

Hi all first post so please be understanding at my lack of volvo knowledge.

Ok here goes, so I bought my first volvo last week a 2010 C30 1.6d rdesign it's high mileage, 160k but has FSH and had the water pump and timing belt done 15k miles ago, despite its age it looks very well taken care off.

The car drives but I feel like its lacking power in low gears and try as I may cant get it to push over the 80mph mark.

It also occasionally has issues starting, I will have to crank it 5/6 times before it will start. I've had battery and alternator tested, both good.

I've removed the engine cover to find the PCV valve blowing what looks to be like oil on injector 4, it's not fuel.

Turbo sounds fine and the turbo hoses go rock hard when I rev engine so dont think I have a boost leak.

Ita got a new fuel filter in

I've use my obd reader and torque pro but the only error code its throwing me is EGR related P0401 I believe, I've tried to remove my egr to clean it but some one has rounded the bolt off

Also after about 10 min of driving eml comes on and I get an error message about anti skid service required.

Please can any one shed any light on the lack of power and why its struggles to start I really need a push in the right direction, my previous car was an 120i e88 petrol so quite different.

Many thanks
Rich
Rrelite is offline   Reply With Quote