View Single Post
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 21:13   #7
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badm88n View Post
So I met with the parts guy today, at the main dealer. Explained what had happened and as expected he said "no no no its the right oil, I wouldn't have sold it to you otherwise." I then asked him if I sent my car in for a service would they use the same oil? (i.e. 0W-30 ACEA A3/B3/B4 instead of ACEA A5/B5) and he said "yes, this is the only oil that Volvo have been sending us for sometime now"

I didn't want to press any further, I could have, but as they are local I didn't want to burn any bridges. The lesson is to check the parts they give you (if possible) before use/installation. I should have checked the labels on the cans but its the first car I have had where its not only important to check the weight of the oil but the ACEA rating too

Will change it out before 10k and all should be good. Thanks for all your replies and suggestions
What he told you sounds like complete nonsense. Volvo not sending the correct spec oil to their dealerships? I understand you not wanting to burn any bridges though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
you have been served by an individual who has not been trained properly .I would ask to see his volvo parts training certificate !! Thats what certificates are for , for showing ..
Volvo should have asked him for that.