View Single Post
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 18:15   #1
rwaw

Default "integrated" phone

Hello all,

Expecting delivery of my first ever XC90 ('07) which has the "comms pack" incl on-board phone.
I understand that this is the type where you slide a SIM card into a holder on the dashboard and subsequently the whole system is integrated (muting speakers, use buttons on steering wheel, receive text messages, use existing phonebook etc).
Sounds great (just like COMAND system on my Merc) but the only problem is where to find a second SIM card in order to keep my current mobile number ??

Been to Vodafone, Carphone Warehouse and "dodgy-but- knowledgeable-corner shop" and they all agree it can't be done.

So on searching previous posts on this subject some of you seem to have been able to obtain a second SIM card AND keep their number.

The other options are:

1. use a bluetooth module but the idea behind integration is exactly to avoid the kind of clutter further modules bring.
2. take SIM card from mobile and insert into slot every time you get into the car. Not practical.
3. divert mobile to second SIM in car but this wouldn't transfer the phonebook, messages, missed calls etc
4. use second SIM and live with 2 mobile numbers which again isn't very practical.
5. use a cradle which again brings a further unsightly clump of plastic onto the dashboard.

Does anybody have any suggestions please ??
Thanks.
rwaw is offline   Reply With Quote