View Single Post
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 18:45   #22
MissDMeanor
Corruption rules

I feel I would like to put my point across here…..

VOC is a great club, indeed, I am a fully paid up member. VOC forums are a great place to be and hugely successful – well done guys!

However, I was under the impression that the forums were free to anybody from any part of the world. The insinuation here is that you need to be a member of the VOC to attend a meet which I’m sure is not true.

Whilst the forum is part of the Volvo Owners Club, it is a free (& very good) place for people to join independently of the Owners Club. Surely therefore, non-VOC members of the forum should be allowed/permitted to meet up whenever and wherever they please?

Pedro & I recently helped organise a www.volvo-tech.co.uk meet at Avon Park and posted details, maps, etc on the VOC when we weren’t paid-up members. Was this not allowed?

I think if I were involved in the administration of the forum or VOC membership aspect, I would feel it a compliment that members of the forum would like to meet up and enjoy their cars……which may, ultimately, lead to more people joining the VOC.

I’m not trying to be argumentative and I would really appreciate an explanatory response

Last edited by MissDMeanor; Mar 31st, 2006 at 13:00.
MissDMeanor is offline   Reply With Quote