View Single Post
Old Apr 5th, 2020, 12:24   #160
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammorack View Post
With tps unplugged it’s constant 2000rpm on idle. And revs to 6000rpm. So it’s tps problems right. Didn’t I mention that previously in this thread? If not I’m sorry? I adjusted tps to 0,15mm

Still not much difference in idle performance. Though I have cleaned the throttlebody
Then I can adjust the idle on throttlebody then right?
I wish you'd put these results up when i first asked you to try it without the TPS connected!

It would have saved a lot of head-scratching and an incorrect conclusion (re the ECU) which could have cost you a lot of money to find out was incorrect!

It would also have saved you having to take the dizzy cap off to check the carbon brush!

If you remember, very early in the thread, Ash got upset with you and so did i because we had each asked you to perform checks that you didn't do and didn't report on correctly. I at least thought you had learned to perform the checks, exactly as they were asked and then give the results.

You're lucky that you've put the correct results up and not spent money on a new ECU that wouldn't have been necessary!

Right, back to the TPS, it's obviously way out of adjustment. Can you put up a photo of it so we can check that no numpty has fitted it upside down?

Then i'll explain how to adjust it correctly. DO NOTHING ELSE - JUST TAKE THE PHOTO!!!!!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: