Thread: Engine: D5244: - Ecm 6805 and boost related issues
View Single Post
Old Sep 4th, 2017, 20:48   #29
Oil Burner

Not posted on the board for ages but will add the following;

I had this problem on an intermittent basis. Codes were read by Volvo and confirmed the ECM-6805 code.

I had engine mounts replaced, vac system tested, intercooler checked, smoke test for leaks, Alternator pulley clutch changed as it was faulty and it in itself can cause the same fault code according to the Dealer.
They obviously checked the TCV etc etc as they had the car for two days with the Service manager himself working on it as he had more experience with the 'older' Volvo's

There was nothing else to check and it was suggested the last thing would be to fit a new Turbo complete with vac actuator. This I got a quote for, 2 years ago at approx £1100 fully fitted by Volvo.

I declined at the time as all the other work I had done along with this had added up a bit and I needed some time.

The car continued to go into limp mode occasionally for a few weeks and then it decided to behave perfectly for a whole year.

I have I will note always used BP Ultimate Diesel in the car.

Anyway, just days before the next MOT I had Limp mode again three times. When the car went in for its MOT and service, Volvo said no codes were logged so there was no evidence to go on.

Had the limp mode a few times after then it has been fine again for about 8 weeks, now I have had limp again three times in the last three weeks.

So who knows. Im just settled to living with it. Its not a real problem.

Its just so random. Mine usually comes in at half throttle or so when the revs get near 3000rpm.

On occasions when I do give the car a good Italian style right foot, the problem does not occur.

To me if a turbo is sticky it will either go to limp 'every time' you boot the car or on a regular basis.

It will not do it a few times then be fine for months or a year then suddenly decide to stick again.

It done it today, but at medium throttle on the way to work. On the way home it was perfect.

Im living with it, life to short to stress over a minor annoyance.
Oil Burner is offline   Reply With Quote