View Single Post
Old Mar 9th, 2018, 22:58   #426
daveyboy58

Default srs airbag service urgent

Hi, I wonder if anyone can shed any light on the problem I have with my car, I purchased a 2001 v70 xc, it has 95k on the clock and drives really well, it developed an intermittent fault where the lights on the instrument cluster all went out, no warning lights at all, this didn't seem to affect the drive at all, it also has an srs airbag service urgent warning in the bottom left hand box in the instrument cluster.
Looking on Youtube I found several videos on removing and repairing the cluster and so removed it, I had the soldered joints checked out, some had to be re-soldered but most appeared okay, replaced the cluster and now it all appears to be working properly, on startup all the warning lights go out but the srs airbag service urgent warning is still visible, I used an OBD scanner (it may not be up to the job) but that shows there are no faults, is there an actual service for the airbag system that needs to be done periodically I have never heard of one but that doesn't mean that there isn't one,
thanks in anticipation,
daveyboy58
daveyboy58 is offline   Reply With Quote