View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2018, 20:05   #20
1monkey600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick787 View Post
Sorry to hear that nickbatch, I can't offer any other suggestion.
I have contacted Volvo UK today and I am awaiting a call back from them about what Mac users should be formatting the USB in. (I don't have the option of FAT32 when using disc utility). So I cant even knowingly get the file onto the USB stick! Once it is on the stick I then need to know what Mac users should press instead of 'run'!
Despite having done two 'upgrades' with this same USB stick, I had a message pop up telling me the stick had to be empty before doing the download so I had to erase it!
On a mac you should format as MS-DOS (fat) this is same as what Microsoft calls (fat32) which is the universal cross platform format so that your usb drive can be read by most devices regardless of operating system.
I don't recall exactly as I finally managed to get rid of my wifes mac Christmas time but I don't think you need to use 'Run' at all ( it is a windows command to get the download manager which then downloads the map update). I think mac just downloads the update as an dmg(?), or whatever it is called, which you then decide what you want to do with it - i.e. send to USB or save it locally.

Off subject but I absolutely hated the mac operating system. I bought a macbook pro a few years ago and within 2 weeks I had installed 'bootcamp' and ran it exclusively on windows7 for a year or so until, thankfully, it got nicked and I could get myself a lenovo Thinkpad!
1monkey600 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1monkey600 For This Useful Post: