Thread: Dash pot oil
View Single Post
Old Jul 19th, 2018, 19:24   #9
ASt85
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIVERALLY View Post
I will stick to ATF used in my cars including rally stuff and in my commercial repair business for 40 + years..but basically its personal choice.not wishing to get into a pi##ing competition. No offence to anyone as if you ask 100 people they will all give well intentioned advice
Experience always counts in these matters - as far as I'm concerned it always comes down to personal experience/expertise and what you know works for you and the machine in front of you at the time and how you want it to perform.

The biggest mistake I ever made was changing the SU needles for richer needles and using a lower 10SAE oil giving a faster drop/drop on pair - trying to balance them was a nightmare so eventually they replaced them with a pair of Webers on a smoothed & re-profiled inlet manifold, but that was a wholly different balancing act!

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote