View Single Post
Old Feb 21st, 2017, 09:43   #30
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

OK, but £170 is still bottom-end. The Stag kit, is far more, and very involved to fit. They all are. The fixes to an existing Necam system can be done in 2-3 hours tops and with the exception of the pricey stepper for under £40.00

A stepper can be fitted in 5-6 mins on my car, and on the post 2000 cars about an hour, becasue it's located so poorly. With practice about 20 mins. You made the point that you'd be better to rip out the Necam, forget any Necam stepper motor, use a Stag kit? Taking time and money out of it, I see the point. Agreed but you appeared to be taking into account the time and costs too. Were you? Please tell us more.

Again:

Quote:
Even if the bloody motor is dead it is obtuse to change it to another stepper motor even for yours 190 pounds. Because for less you can buy a set from stag that is a straight fit even for a necam vaporiser. Just unplug those injectors from distributor and put them in 4generation lpg injectors. Plug it in to the laptop (software is free) and synchronise it with the petrol injectors automatically.
Obtuse is about right, and the software free? If your man with his Sante Fe did that in two hours or for even £200. On;y, even in Russia, seems like 4-5 days work and double the loot.

On my V70, I've got this as £500+ for decent kit, and 2-4 days work for an amateur? And the software is inclusive, but not Free. A pro like 'classic' will do it in half that. But he has increased business rates to pay. ie I'm back where I came in, a £1200+ job for a pro including hardware, or lots of my DIY time.

These things, especially if yours is a custom isntall, alwasy take far longer to do than you'd ever think. I'd do it to mine in a heart-beat, only I can't make the numbers or the time and trouble add-up. I bought my car already done for not much more. So, I'd be doing it to willy-wave, because i can. Not for any reason that holds water in terms of saving money.

How do you do this for less than £190, and quickly because that does make sense. To English or Russian speakers. We'd get our money back quick enough, even on low mileages.

Please explain.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Feb 21st, 2017 at 10:47. Reason: I like to think I speak English, sometimes, clearly I don't.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote