View Single Post
Old Aug 24th, 2019, 16:36   #23
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney760 View Post
I've bought the Bosch one for £22.52 from an Ebay seller with 100% pos feedback who is a Bosch authorised seller. There were cheaper Bosch ones from sellers with poor feedback. Now to get through to next Thursday or so with this starting difficulty!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/028013006...YAAOSw4tpc3Q2Z
Start it on gas Ellie. Usually the procedure is turn the ignition key to position 2 (warning lights etc on, engine not running) where the LPG switch will light up with the LED flashing (usually) on and the switch in the normal positioin for auto changeover to gas once warmed up.
If you have a rocker switch, turn it the other way to petrol then back to gas - the flashing LED should stop and the Gas LED light up - now start the car without turning the ignition off. Just be a bit gentle with it until it warms up properly.

If that doesn't work, leave the LPG switch in the normal position and press the acclerator all the way to the floor, now turn the key from the 0 position to the start position andit shoudl fire fairly easily - let go of the throttle pedal as soon as it fires but keep your foot ready to catch it if it tries to die. If the CTS has failed the usual way (gone high) it will be telling the ECU the car is in Siberia during a cold snap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by griston64 View Post
I would be wary of cheapo ones as I seem to remember someone on here fitting one and it didn't work

Might have been LPT Joe ?
I think you're right Mark, i think it was Joe but there have been several others that i can't think of.

Mine as i mentioned earlier has been ok on an Intermotor one, i suspect most people would be ok but given the amount of people that haven't been ok with anything other than Bosch, i would advise Bosch would be the safest bet.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: