View Single Post
Old Aug 24th, 2019, 19:48   #26
Laney760
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Start it on gas Ellie. Usually the procedure is turn the ignition key to position 2 (warning lights etc on, engine not running) where the LPG switch will light up with the LED flashing (usually) on and the switch in the normal positioin for auto changeover to gas once warmed up.
If you have a rocker switch, turn it the other way to petrol then back to gas - the flashing LED should stop and the Gas LED light up - now start the car without turning the ignition off. Just be a bit gentle with it until it warms up properly.

If that doesn't work, leave the LPG switch in the normal position and press the acclerator all the way to the floor, now turn the key from the 0 position to the start position andit shoudl fire fairly easily - let go of the throttle pedal as soon as it fires but keep your foot ready to catch it if it tries to die. If the CTS has failed the usual way (gone high) it will be telling the ECU the car is in Siberia during a cold snap!
I've tried starting it on gas since Thursday the way you recommended when my fuel pump died last year but I had no luck, I don't think there is a way to do it with my Prins set up. I've asked in LPG section yesterday if anyone knows how to start my system on gas.

It dies immediately it starts, automatically, you don't even have a chance to do anything, I guess it fires for half a second at most?

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laney760 For This Useful Post: