View Single Post
Old Jan 21st, 2018, 20:49   #8
Thistrucker

Default ABS won't work?

[QUOTE=SonyVaio;1688480]When you have the Anti Skid message then both the DSTC and ABS will not be functional. Doesn't mean the car won't work as normal, the brakes will be perfectly fine just no ABS.

You need you codes read really to point in the right direction as the Anti Skid message can be caused by so many things.

If you take off the centre cap to your front wheels and check the centre hub bolts are not loose as this is quick easy and free. Beyond that you need codes to determine if it is something like a steering wheel angle sensor, abs wheel sensor, yaw rate sensor or something even more costly like the ABS unit itself.

Unfortunately you really need the codes to point in the right direction but you could ask if there are any members near you with VIDA/DICE that can read your car for you. I'm in Fareham (Hampshire) these days for work but that would be a bit of a drive for you (willing all the same).

I had the abs light on and when an idiot white van man pulled straight from slip road into lane 2, I had to brake from 60mph and it worked just fine!
Thistrucker is offline   Reply With Quote