View Single Post
Old Mar 20th, 2016, 09:59   #9
Cazg

ProductPeter have you managed to resolve this without going to Volvo?

I had the same thing flash up on my D5 XC60 on Friday whilst driving on the motorway. Ended up driving home after twice pulling over to make sure it wasn't open. When I got home and switched off the engine then switched it back on the message disappeared. Yippee I thought until yesterday a headlight bulb went so I had that changed and now the bonnet message is back on! The garage couldn't find the sensor either and WD40'd everything!

It's interesting to hear that this sets off the alarm as mine has been going off for the last two weeks for no reason (or so I thought). I read an earlier post on a different thread which has said if you remove the casing on the bonnet release there is a red connector however the poster advised after poking it with a screwdriver the message has completely gone, even when the bonnet is open!!!! I initially thought this would be a good plan however after sleeping on it I am having second thoughts. I don't want to give in and take it to Volvo however my mechanical skills are EXTREMELY limited.
Cazg is offline   Reply With Quote