View Single Post
Old Aug 20th, 2019, 13:46   #189
apsel

Default EMAP Sensor pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTaylor View Post
No expert but have seen many posts about this being caused by emap pipe blocked to the exhaust pressure sensor. Pipe is around £77 and it's easy enough to do yourself. 1 banjo bolt 1 8mm socket for other bolt and 27mm for sensor (as I've seen on other thrrads) pipe is at the top rear of the engine.

Have a search of the forums first. Of cause there may be other reason s and ot may be best to take it in.
My car is now starting to "stutter", sometimes on idle but more often under light load in the 1000-2000 rpm range. No error messages yet. I have had the "definitive" EGR fix about 30K miles ago. I have a recall letter but no work done yet.

I am tempted to check the EMAP pipe, if it is easily accessible. If blocked I might either clean or replace it. Does anyone know the exact part number and has anyone found any online instructions that describe this task and give extra info such as torque settings for the bolt and sensor, on replacement, please?