View Single Post
Old Feb 9th, 2020, 12:32   #17
mchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by oragex View Post
Maybe irrelevant, but do you happen to park on an incline ? What year is the car ? As Clan says a dealer test shouldn't be that expensive and will give a good idea about the pump health
No. No parking on incline.

I'll eventually get the pump tested for pressure as well. But as ive mentioned, the pressure build up should not happen IMO. It appears that some relieve valve is not working properly, making the fluid run inside the system pressurised by air. Similar effect to air in brake lines.

Have been looking for others with similar issues and in one other foruns as well ( not detrimental to this one!) And some have suggested to install a new cap to the reservoir. So just ordered a new one. At least as a cheap attempt to address the issue.

I had already observed that in that cap, the dip stick is hollow and then on the top of the cap is a two piece : one disc ( where the orange letters are stamped) and then the hole body of the cap ( where you grab it to open it). Between these two pieces there's one very tiny hole. I suspect this should be some kind of pressure relief valve for the steering system. Mine might be dirty/stuck.

Will post results.

Cheers
mchell is offline   Reply With Quote