View Single Post
Old Oct 29th, 2020, 14:53   #53
Codlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaulays View Post
Afternoon All,

Just another experience to add to the thread, I acquired a 2008 V70 in September last year and on first weekend after purchasing (heavy rain, pointing downhill etc) ended up with 3" of water in the front foot well and sloshing in the B pillar. Dealer inspected, confirmed windscreen seal the issue but advised that they had used an electronic calculator (?) supplied by Volvo that stated no goodwill contribution and that the dealer wouldn't have carried out the work anyway and referred me to look for a local company who could carry out the repair at my cost. Not very helpful but not particularly surprising given age of vehicle (11 years, 160k miles) and it had been off dealer network since a few years old. I contacted Volvo CS directly and was immediately told they would cover the cost in full of the repair at a local repairer of my choice! No arm twisting or wrangling at all, they promptly reimbursed me by bank transfer within a few days of getting the work done locally at a windscreen shop to have screen removed and resealed. Very happy with the result and credit to Volvo centrally for being so swift and helpful in resolving, far better than I expected. So moral seems to be that Volvo direct are far more likely to assist than dealers!
Following the success of this approach I contacted Volvo directly. Had the car (V70, 2009) inspected by Volvo in Chippenham. They identified a few very small chips, and cautioned that the windscreen might break if taken out. Went back to Volvo who offered to pay for the windscreen to be rebonded but I would be liable if the screen broke during the process. Bit of a gamble if you ask me, and quite outrageous. Took it up with my insurance company (LV) and Autoglass are outside the house now fitting a new windscreen for the cost of the £95 excess. Full marks to LV/Autoglass, 0 to Volvo.
Codlins is offline   Reply With Quote