View Single Post
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 18:09   #54
Brucat

Hi all
Purchased 2008 XC70 p3 approx 3 weeks ago. Noticed dried drip marks on inside of screen & after a plethora of warning lights came on after the latest rain deluge over the weekend, hence the the V’s nickname is Scotty as in ‘beam me up!’.
Anyways put a hose on the roof & sure enough drips came down on the interior of the screen. I then went to that area & applied finger pressure & sure enough the screen lifted a few mm indicating a lack of bond to the frame.
I phoned Volvo customer services UK & they unequivocally supported my findings & said as long as confirmed by dealer as original screen they would pay for removal & rebond. The risk is if the screen breaks it would be down to the customer (circa 400). Unfortunately none of this benefits me as I picked up a crack in the screen but I thought I owed it to you guys to confirm after the excellent advice I’ve read on this forum. I’m hoping the cem’s dry out once the new screen is in & that’s the end of it. I would also like to add a big well done to Volvo UK.
Brucat is offline   Reply With Quote