View Single Post
Old Jun 18th, 2018, 09:40   #6
Baffler
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishBus View Post
Hi Baffler,
Yes, I had already resized them down again - I normally resize photos for other forums to 450kB max, but I see this forum needs them much smaller. There are four shots that are around 250kB apiece, but I will double-check that the pixel count also meets the forum requirements.

To be frank, I'm probably struggling because of my geographic location; we are the land that time forgot as far as broadband is concerned - as well as any governments!

I'll keep trying, as a picture speaks a thousand words, and I'll do the write-up on the seat motor repair ASAP.
That would be great! Thanks so much, SB! Pictures are indeed invaluable

I see you and others have managed to attach them directly to the page as opposed to a thumbnail...what option does one need to select in order to make them appear like so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishBus View Post
If you are having trouble with your base motors, that is the fore/aft slides, and the cushion raise/lower functions, then the seat/s will need to come out, as I think motor access is just too tight against the floorpan.
If I remember correctly it was only the drivers fore/aft and passenger backrest that nothing was happening...all other functions were there so I'm hoping it's just a bad solder joint in both cases. I had managed to remove both front seats for inspection, removed and stripped the drivers control panel and gave it several blasts with contact cleaner but never thought to inspect and solder the joints

I'll get another look later in the summer as we only just bought the car early last July so my priority was to get it 100% mechanically for its trip across Europe. Never missed a beat, by the way, but do you know what makes this thread even more interesting...it was originally registered in Sweden making it a proper Swedish Bus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LHD V70 3.jpg (306.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg LHD V70 2.jpg (375.9 KB, 5 views)

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.