View Single Post
Old Nov 28th, 2015, 20:56   #1
yalrafai

Default Volvo C30 2.0D "Shark Performance" nightmare!

Hi guys I'd like to share my experience of getting my car remapped by shark performance.

Shark remapped my car for £315 and as I was driving it home I noticed that the engine would shudder briefly as I was accelerating. I tried to ignore this at first but things got worse and there was excess smoke coming from my exhaust and staining the back of my car. Additionally, the revs would oscillate as I accelerated and the car was slower than before I remapped it.

Took it back to shark, they told me I had to replace a fuel injector or something, ordered the part for £300 and got it replaced. No change whatsoever.

Took it back to shark again and they took the map off, no change whatsoever.

Taking it to Volvo in December hopefully to get it fixed but the engine light has been on ever since I got it remapped.

Although the guys at shark were nice etc the remap has truly ruined my car, just be careful guys

So to conclude: Oscillating revs, excess smoke, engine light on slower than before, occasionally engine shudders and there is no power whatsoever until I turn the car off and then back on. £615 down the drain so far plus 3 trips to shark (80 miles each way)

I think it's going to be a four figure repair job at Volvo aswell.

P.s I was never offered a refund or anything like that and they kept saying that there's a fault with the car and no problems with the map even though I've had it for 2 years with no problems at all and the first problem arose on my drive home from shark 10 minutes after getting it mapped. Coincidence?

Last edited by yalrafai; Nov 28th, 2015 at 20:58.
yalrafai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yalrafai For This Useful Post: