View Single Post
Old Oct 24th, 2020, 11:10   #2
RonFleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagz View Post
New to the forum, hope you are well and keeping safe.

Test driving an 2019 XC40. When Auto Breaking (Auto Hold) is enabled I cannot bring the car to a soft stop. However soft I press the break pedal I end up with a shaky stop where everyones heads go forward and back making it especially annoying when in a congestion.

I feels as if, just a fraction of a second before the car comes to a complete stop, auto breaking engages and completes the last bit of breaking a bit too quickly. Resulting in a shaky stop

This is doesn't seem to happen if I disable auto-breaking but then I don't get auto-hold on an uphill road.

Been driving only for a day so it can be my muscle memory but wife felt the same issue as well hence I wanted to check with you guys.

Has anyone experienced something similar ? Could it be a setting that needs adjusting (breaking under individual profile is set to Normal, instead of Dynamic, which I think the default). Could this be a fault ?
I have had a MY20 XC40 for a couple of months now and don't use the auto parking brake function as it's a real pain when manoeuvring - very jerky. I also switch off engine start/stop because you have to keep your foot on the brake to keep it stopped. I also switch off collision prevention as it is too sensitive. Why do manufacturers think we want all this technology?

Grumpy old man of Fleet
XC40 T3 R-Design Automatic
RonFleet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RonFleet For This Useful Post: