View Single Post
Old Feb 18th, 2019, 16:26   #46
Harvey1512
Premier Member

I've lost track a little of who is going and when but if it is in August then avoid the South of France entirely. If not August then look up Prairies de la Mer, Port Grimaud. Brilliant spot and an ideal base to see the whole coastline. We had a few holidays there end of May / beginning of June and driving around was a doddle.

If you don't want to go as far down then the Dordorgne is stunning, Sarlat wonderful. Likely to be chocca in August but then you can take that as read for all nice place in France in August. I had two great holidays in Sarlat, also had my most embarassing ever alcohol incident there so I have slightly mixed feelings in the end. One day I will return and atone.

I worked in the offices at Eurocamp many years ago and the rule of thumb was that campsites got worse the further south you went, don't forget they are tenants on a site, they don't control it. Prairies is an exception to that rule but it is worth bearing in mind in terms of expectations. Things may well have changed of course, it was a good few years ago after all.