Thread: Electrics: - S80 2.5T Coil smokin' !
View Single Post
Old Jun 24th, 2019, 21:04   #1
ijmorrison

Default S80 2.5T Coil smokin' !

Ok boys and girls .. Before I go purchase the firelighters and dispatch my S80 true viking style thought I would throw a post up here ...

Driving along and I get the pulsing engine management light showing misfire .. oh goodie .. next thing I know I am smoking from under the bonnet like a bush in non smoking NHS ground (trust me ..check the one near the staff entrance ).

In true form my T27 and spares haven't been put back so I call mr recovery man ... please lift that and disconnect the injector .. oh no .. I can get you another coil pack for £50 .. so hour later in it goes.. fuse 11 changed .. 1/2 mile later and 3k revs she's a smoking again ... so disconnect the injector get to work then home later. A Hella coil ... hmmm wonder where he got that (cough cough EuroCrap Parts or similar I think) ...

Sparks are still good (Denso - yes I know but it's a LPG conversion too .. ) the other four didn't pop .. however VIDA reports that all 5 coils are reading low (short to ground possibly or my favourite ECU blown - well the powerstage amp) ...

So any thoughts people ? I'm thinking this one has ended my love affair with volvo's (x4 calipers all seized, new shocks (yes they are the 4c) , cam belt, alternator, power steering pump .. dam this thing shouts made on a friday) . Ironically my S70 T5 at 20 years old has bailed me right out ..again lol

Only redeeming thing is the calipers fit the S70 if / when I scrap the S80!

Iain
ijmorrison is offline   Reply With Quote