View Single Post
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 09:19   #7
ML41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mm1988 View Post
Hopefully they can sort it as it must be horrible getting in the car and not knowing whether it will be able to go or not. Apart from this issue, how are you finding the B3P engine?
The first time it happened I put it down to just being one of those unlucky things which sometimes happens with a brand new car and I thought little more of it, but after the second time, despite it having been into the local dealer on that occasion, I did become pretty nervous about turning it on and not knowing what to expect. Frustratingly, on all the occasions the issue arose, we were trying to take the kids to school or nursery and had to scramble around trying to make alternative arrangements for them.

Otherwise, though, I love the car and the B3P engine. The car's very comfortable and there's tons of space for the kids. The B3 engine is perfectly adequate for the use we make of it. We don't do regular, long motorway journeys (especially now that my in-laws have moved closer) and perhaps if we did then I'd have considered stretching to the B4 but as it is the B3 is ideal for us. I test drove a MY2020 T4 and, as far as I can tell, there is little real world difference particularly for the types of journeys we do. Fuel economy seems a little on the low side but, for now, I'm putting that down to a new engine and also the fact we are only currently doing short, local journeys.
ML41 is offline   Reply With Quote