View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2021, 11:28   #8
brazenskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML41 View Post
Morning everybody, new poster here. I'm wondering if anybody has had a similar experience to me and, if so, how things played out.

I have a two month old MY21 V60 B3. In the two months I have had the car, a 12v battery critical charging fault has appeared three times. When the warning message appears it makes the car undriveable - on the most recent occasion it was restricting its speed to 7 mph. The car has so far covered less than 800 miles.

The issue first arose when I had had the car for around two weeks. Volvo Assistance sent an engineer who reset the battery. Around two weeks later the issue arose again, and this time the engineer could not resolve it by resetting the battery so it was taken to the local dealer. When I collected the car from the dealer I thought I'd understood them to say they had performed a software update, but on checking the paperwork there is no mention of that, and it might be that they just reset the battery again. A week and a half later, the issue arose again. The car is back at the local dealer, who are now apparently working with Volvo directly. It has been at the dealer for two days (on this occasion) and I am being told it is likely to be in for at least another two days but probably longer.

Is anybody here aware of similar issues, either with B engines or otherwise?
Hi, I just joined up to share my experience with this issue. I took delivery of a brand new B3 V60 in March and I experienced this exact issue at just under 800 miles (797 to be exact).

Volvo Assist came to my house this morning and the guy confirmed this is now a common issue they're seeing with the "B" engines and the issue relates to a faulty Battery Control Module. Volvo are sending out replacement parts to dealers this week. He has applied a temporary fix to get us moving again but is returning next week to fit the new part.

Searches for this issue will undoubtedly start to grow in the coming weeks so hopefully this helps people.

Cheers
brazenskies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brazenskies For This Useful Post: