View Single Post
Old Oct 24th, 2017, 14:07   #12
AGT123

OK,
Why not!
The car is fitted with a full Safety Devices cage, including the door bar option. Creating a survival cell.
Full Rally seats securely strengthened & bolted through the floor.
The navigator one sits much further back than the drivers.
Full four point harnesses, secured to the rollbar at the rear & plated mountings through the floor.
Full, plumbed in fire extinguisher system + hand held additional one.
Nevertheless, one should always prepare for the worst & hope for the best. With this in mind the panels in question would appear stronger than the picture suggests. Their strongest feature being the green Hammerite paint finish!
They are constructed from plastic, mounted through the dash with plastic, shear bolts, ensuring that should the worst occur and the navi collides with them in any way they will simply collapse!
I trust & hope that this answers the concerns & questions raised.
8 months of careful and considered building went into this historic rally car, and I wanted the safest vehicle I could build.
None, I repeat none, of the above modifications are required within the regulations to compete on the Monte Carlo Historique - no cage, full harness seat belts, or securely mounted seating, not even a fire extinguisher! In my opinion, having done it I think they should!
In the dim & distant past I used to Special Stage rally and had more than my fair share of trips into the scenery - I learnt a lot from this and incorporated it into this build.

Regards,
Andy.

Last edited by AGT123; Oct 24th, 2017 at 14:12.
AGT123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AGT123 For This Useful Post: