View Single Post
Old Feb 22nd, 2017, 09:43   #13
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Running your MP3 / Handfree thru' your existing head unit
You can do this via GROM AUX-3 or Yatour interfaces, but these things are after-thoughts, cost more than they're worth, and don't work half as well as doiing it properly. ie putting your own input into the back. If you can use a soldering iron or even if you're a bit ham-fisted in this department, this is simple and the way to go, even if the GROM AUX-3 or Yatour interfaces were free.

Find the various hacks for the stock head units listed. I can vouch personally for the SC805 hack but ones for the HU/ SC 901 800/801 etc etc are all found with the Google Poodle.

You don't lose your CD mutli-changer either, it looks stock, Barrification avoided. Cheap too. But as i said, even if the GROM AUX-3 or Yatour lash-up interfaces were free and I'm not saying they don't work because they do, but if this simple hack cost what they do, the hack would still be the way to go.

Fitted with the optional amps available, (on ebay daily for £35-40) and with these systems being pretty much hte best you could get back in the day, they fair very well against all but the very best, even today. So unless you've hearing akin to a fruit bat, or an extreme hi-fi buff, they do fine.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Feb 22nd, 2017 at 10:06.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CNGBiFuel For This Useful Post: