View Single Post
Old Mar 12th, 2017, 15:17   #18
Mikesmith181

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinbos View Post
As you can see your filter was full Mike, any more and it would have been a replacement job. It really needs to stay under 30 for the car to do its own regen. If it gets too full it can block and it will cost £000 to replace.

When the regen is done, you need to find whats causing it to get so full.

Its either an air leak or your doing lots of local journeys that doesn't allow the car to got hot enough to do the regen. It could also be faulty heat sensors etc. It needs a good run once a month at least, 30 mins or more at a decent speed, to get the soot out. Some call it 'an Italian tune up' if you get my drift.

Great work finding out how to do the regen.
Maybe you can post here how you fund it etc, to help others ?

To keep an eye on things after the regen is all done, you can run VIDA while your driving to see if the car is forcing soot out the filter. I often do this to make sure everything is working as it should be. Its therapeutic to see the filter at 20, and slowly going to Zero as I drive. So ,maybe do this as soon as its done. As you drive you can see soot build up via VIDA, and when your on the bypass, you can see it going down too, of everything is working correctly. If not, you'll see it go up and stay up, then you know you need to do more digging.
Hi Colin, there was 40.61g in mine, Vida says anything over 100g it would need to be replaced, I would have thought the tolerances would of been a lot close, it was only 40% full and the car said it was full and went in to limp mode, bit of a pain TBH. I'll have a look at doing show to on my next day off, would be good to help others! The only problem I found, on the actual regen page the content of carbon didn't go down at all, it revved to 2500 rpm for 5 minutes and then up to 3000 rpm for 10-15 minutes and didn't move, so I stopped it thinking it wasn't working, then looked on live data and it said zero, also the programme doesn't automatically stop so it's a bit of a guessing game really.

I've ordered some wynn DPF cleaner additive for the fuel too, I'm going to London in a couple of weeks so that will help further. Also in the manual it says to use a park heater on short journeys whic is mostly what I do unfortunately, does anyone know what this is or how to activate it?
Mikesmith181 is offline   Reply With Quote