View Single Post
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 16:56   #1
Berkshirebob

Default V90 issues post 1st service.

Dear all

My V90 had its first service last Friday and as a result there are some good things, and some not so good things..

I reported the following:

Squeaky R/H steering wheel volume buttons - to be replaced. I need to go back when in stock.
Clicky drivers seat - greased so quiet now, but can still feel it.
Slow to fill Adblue - no fault found..
Rear centre armrest bit of plastic showing - they’re all like that sir..
Lacquer falling off 18’ wheels - pictures sent to HQ..

The service was £350.00 and they quoted me £196.00 (each) for front tyres. Just replaced at a local place for £114.00 each - same ‘VOL’ marked P Zero’s.

Software updated so I now have the Stop/Start picture instead of ‘Ready’ and what a result the update is!
S/S now doesn’t engage until the car is stationary and the gearbox is transformed. No more revving to infinity and seems to now work exactly as you would expect.

But driving from Newbury to Oxford earlier the speakers gave up with only the front tweeters working, all others were silent?! Then the TPMS went off.. Both issues were fixed whilst I was at my destination - ignition off for an hour. (Merc Oxford - drooping a friend off to collect his C63s)

No trouble on the way back, other than I couldn’t keep up with my mate in his new car!

Rob.