Thread: S40 V40: - My 2003 Volvo V40
View Single Post
Old Mar 12th, 2024, 22:57   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOunce View Post

Looking to mod my car. Now, this is a 2003 Volvo v40 1.8i with the B4184S2 engine (83,000miles). Its a "SE" model with the family and winter package (cruise control, heated seats, sun roof and stuff) I am aware that they are not a very popular model to mod. I am posting this here in hopes of somebody else having gone down this route before.

I would like to try squeeze a little more power out of it, possibly by putting a new camshaft with higher stroke. I would like to get a new intake and possibly an exhaust manifold. I would definitely like a new backbox/backbox delete. Am hesitant to do suspension because its super comfortable and I have a roof box tent and go camping with it. I also quite like the alloys that came with it, might paint them in the future but I don't think ill change them.

As of right now all I have done is new single din radio with shelf to fill the gap, De-badged grille, eyebrows, front splitter (not fitted yet) oem steering wheel, full back end 5% tint, got oem roof rails, a very bodged antenna, I've torn out the headliner and everything from the seats back due to leaking issues and have treated surface rust and the leaks themselves, am waiting on headliner material to redo it. Besides that just general wear and tear stuff, breaks, tires, suspension (4AV3AZ "comfort")

If anyone has any input into mods that I can do to this thing your input would be greatly appreciated, I can also post more photos if ye want and if anyone has any issues with a similar vehicle I may be able to help.
It is a Mitsubishi GDI engine which injects very high pressure fuel directly into the combustion chamber a bit like a Diesel one of the first in the world back in 1996 when launched. I doubt there is much tuning potential.. just get a T4 with the proper volvo 4 cylinder turbo engine 200 bhp ( Ford Serra Cosworth Power )