View Single Post
Old Jul 18th, 2023, 16:51   #12
Derek UK
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanSheldon View Post
Hello again, I have removed the shaft and fitted the larger seal. When I insert the 'top hat' seal which is more like a small polo mint the two faces 0n the left no longer touch as the seal will not fully enter the recess. I have seen photos of seals which are a top hat shape which I think would allow both faces to marry up as they did when I removed the shaft. There was a small home made seal in the recess when I removed it. Is there another type of seal available? thanks, Dean Attachment 149299
What you show only has an O ring and that is confirmed if you look at the page from the parts book that you have as a back ground. 1800ES has a J type OD. One gets so used to referring to the top hat seal that it gets confusing. I think the top hat only goes with the D type OD. Another post shows the right angle drive and that confuses as well. I think that is only on earlier B18 1800 cars. The Amazon didn't need it as there was more room around the gearbox due to the larger tunnel. OD speedo cable is longer than the one for the M40 box. It can be stretched but will be a very bad curve and likely jam and brake the inner in short order. Amazon M40 63"- M41 77".
If we are talking about an 1800ES and it does have a D type OD was it converted from an automatic? Does a M41 with a D OD fit on a cable clutch bell housing? Answers on a postcard.....

Last edited by Derek UK; Jul 18th, 2023 at 16:57.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote