View Single Post
Old Dec 5th, 2018, 20:25   #286
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris571961 View Post
I have a 2010 Volvo V70 D3 5 cylinder diesel estate, can anyone please tell me where I can locate the bleed screw for the cooling system as I need to bleed air from the system. I recently replaced the thermostat but need to bleed it through as I am getting no warm air inside the car despite my best efforts. Also, can anybody tell me why my expansion tank level keeps dropping to the point where I have to top it up because my coolant level keeps dropping. Thank you.
Im surprised the thermostat failed , never seen one fail myself .The cooling system on these is self bleeding , you fill it up to slightly above max if the system has been empty , then go for a run until the thermostat opens , about 3 or 4 miles . Let it cool top up to MAX and that is it ..
I too suspect headgasket/ cylinder bore sealing problems . was the coolant a rusty colour ?
I guess you changed the thermostat as the heater was cool , was the gauge in the normal centre position? If so , it will be the air leaking into the cooling system from the combustion chambers .