View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2019, 07:59   #15
tonygreen1966

I had similar problems a couple of years back and diagnosed with Vida.(I also recommend Cheshired5 – great deal and great support). I had both ‘faulty signal’ and ‘mechanical error’ on my o/s rear. The faulty signal disappeared after changing the sensor and the mechanical error disappeared after changing the wheel bearing(which contains the reluctor/ABS ring). Don’t buy a cheap rear wheel bearing of ebay etc – many horror stories on here about them lasting only months. Read some of the posts on here about rear wheel bearings – I think eurocarparts do a couple of good ones (use the discount code on the website). I had the DEM error also – in fact your probably best fixing this first- that’s what I done. Could be a loose connector or corroded wires on the DEM harness but more likely the DEM itself is cuffed. ‘Volvo Diagnostics’ can probably fix it for about £140 – the company owner Lukas is a member on this forum. He fixed mine – no probs. After the DEM was fixed and the sensor and bearing (ABS ring) were changed Vida could clear the codes and all was fine. DEM can be hard to remove due to seized screw so be careful. Good luck.
tonygreen1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tonygreen1966 For This Useful Post: