View Single Post
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 23:36   #15
Pam
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn66 View Post
Can anyone help:

I have 'On call service required' come up as a message on my S40.
My radio, Cd , Sat Nav , phone or park assist are not working. The radio and sat nav flash intermittently.
I tried to reset the sat nav disc but now it refuses the disc sounding like it is constantly trying to eject.
I took it to Volvo where they confirmed this and gave me the following report:
Connected to Vida (diagnosis tool) to check for trouble codes. A number of codes were listed to the fault. The fuses were checked and all intact. A ring break test was carried out, this was ok. Checked MOST lock pulses between lock and not - suspect fault lies within ICM as this controls MOST lock.

I now have to take it back to be left for approx 2 hours for £230 where they will investigate further and could poss charge £700 odd or more.
This just doesn't seem right, my car is 4 years old and done 30,000 miles. I hardly use the phone or sat nav.
They say they haven't seen the problem before as don't often see an S40 with the added phone, sat nav etc that I have. So will have to check several things and it could take a while. How can this be that they do not know the problem when paying this kind of money £120 an hour at a Volvo main garage?

I know nothing about cars, can anyone advise.
Thank you.
My 2006 V50 has just been semi-repaired with similar problems.

The receipt says, "phm fault". I understand this is the phone which then knocks out on-call etc.

My car is 5 years old but Volvo covered 50% of the parts cost (phm unit only).

Everything now works except the cd 6 changer which keeps trying (and failing) to eject the disks. Volvo felt my cd problem wasn't linked to the phm problem and therefore wouldn't contribute to the cost. As it is so expensive I have opted to wait and see in case I find another solution. One of the cds ejected yesterday so maybe....

I assume my dealer contacted Volvo for agreement on contributing to the costs. Perhaps your dealer could try this too.

Good luck. It's still mega££££££
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote