View Single Post
Old Oct 14th, 2018, 12:32   #10
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Edwin View Post

And of course a number of established medicines are vegetable based.

And some terrible poisons are....vegetable based.

Many moons ago i met a homeopathic medicine practitioner. Turns out arsenic, in the right preparation, is an excellent cure for a bad stomach. Also that the first symptoms of arsenic poisoning are a bad stomach.

Brings "kill or cure" to a whole new level!

As for the side effects and the boat theory, i agree but prefer to think more in terms of an old fashioned weighing scale and the balance needs to be maintained.

That said, with cars, very often the boat analogy is very apt - one thing fails so one end of the boat drifts out, the item is fixed bring about a correction but that end is still drifting, cue the "Domino effect" where other components in the chain fail because of extra strain imposed on them while the first component was failing.

I've also heard "boat" used as an acronym for "Break Out Another Thousand" for the repair costs on your floating money pit commonly known as a boat.

Now that's really off topic!

Except for the fact that some Volvo Penta engines (marine versions) were based on the red-block so maybe not that far off at all!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote