View Single Post
Old Nov 14th, 2017, 18:40   #11
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

It's good practice to renew the crank rear oil seal and also the gearbox input shaft seal while doing the clutch, particularly if there are signs of oil on the old clutch. It's a bit more work as you need to remove the flywheel, i'd suggest new botls for the flywheel on reassembly as i believe they're "patch bolts" with thread sealant already on that is activated when tightened.

Trial fit the flywheel to make sure it's in the right place using the old bolts first then fit the new ones one at a time, torquing them to the correct setting once you're sure the flywheel is fitted correctly.

Not sure about the bearing you mean, if you mean the clutch release bearing also known as the thrust bearing then you should have a new one in the clutch kit. If not, find one and replace it.

If you mean the pilot bearing/pilot bush/spigot bush that is in the end of the crankshaft for the gearbox input shaft to locate in, just clean it and give it a squirt of engine oil when you start the job. By the time you've done the rest of it, it should have absorbed enough engine oil so wipe the excess off, you shouldn't really need to ever change the spigot bearing/pilot bearing/pilot bush/spigot bush.

I hope that answers your queries, i think a little was lost in the translation but your English is way better than my Italian which mainly covers food and a few technical terms on plastic thermoforming machinery!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: