View Single Post
Old Dec 9th, 2018, 05:05   #19
xco
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
You are right - just to clarify some early XC90 that had Xenon lights were reflector based and take D2R bulbs (note - R at the end). Some later models with ABL (Bendy) lights were projector based units with D2S bulbs. D2S and D2R are similar but have different optical characteristics.
Mine is running on D1S' s (35w) and H9 main beam (65w) See MY08 User Manual for list of bulbs .(PAGE 245) ACTIVE BI XENON. (turn when steering)

The D2'S on that year are fitted on the (static) BI-XENON (not moving) units.

The point I was trying to make was that having changed my bulbs ( because one had blown ) from D2's to D1S's the units then turned when steering (Active)(bendy) where-as prior to the bulbs being replaced they had not (or if they did I had not noticed it LOL).

The body shape of the 2 type and 1 type bulb differ also and I assumed that the D1s type which i have ( which has a lug on the side ) pushed against a micro switch or something in the lamp housing to activate the motion part of the unit.on turning the steering wheel.

If that being the case is the same with the XC60 and a new correct type bulb was not fitted then that would aggravate the diagnosis of a faulty head lamp unit when in fact it may just have been wrong bulb.
Wherever you go............There you are!!!

Last edited by xco; Dec 9th, 2018 at 05:23.
xco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xco For This Useful Post: