Thread: Daily driver
View Single Post
Old Nov 28th, 2019, 21:03   #12
Turbodave
VOC Member

I've had a few 850's over the years and used them all as daily drivers but latterly I had a 99 V 70 T5 Auto, again used daily however the arrival of a baby and non functioning air con, no isofix options and a sudden reduction in time for fettling cars meant it had to go in lieu of a P2 V70R. Since then, I've had several P2 cars, an XC70 and an XC90 which were all very good but I missed the character of an older P80 chassis car.

I bought an 850 T5 manual estate back in June, nostalgic glasses well and truly donned and to be fair, it was a cracker of a car. I ran it daily, doing up to 500 miles a week on a regular basis and it was fabulous however a lack of garage, time and living in a part of the world where most of the locals drive Massey Fergussons, I just got frustrated using and abusing as I did and given I relied on it daily, a lack of readily available parts was a concern.

I loved the car but would have loved it more had I been in a position to use it as a weekend car / bit of a toy but situation dictated otherwise and so it was sold recently and I'm now back in another P2 V70 D5 which, whilst it lacks the pomp and circumstance of the 850, is just better suited for what I need plus I can use and abuse it without caring too much and I needed that. I miss the 850 dearly and I'd have another (or a P80 t5 engined car) but not for a daily.
Turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote